- Wanted to find a new group of people to run/train with.
- Figured that officially signing up for a clinic with $$ would make me more committed to getting out during the week.
- The RR program has worked for me in the past, and it may work again.
The RR training schedule for a 3:45 marathon is pretty aggressive. It calls for running 6 days a week, with Monday being the lone rest day. It's an 18-week training program, that looks like this:
- Monday - rest day
- Tuesday - 6km tempo
- Wednesday - 10km tempo or hills or speed
- Thursday - 8km steady
- Friday - 10km steady
- Saturday - 6km steady
- Sunday - long slow distance run, ranging from 10km to 32km
Today's scheduled run calls for an 8km steady run, but I think I'll do some cross-training today instead; give my legs a bit of a break.